National Breastfeeding Month
On August 6, 2011, the USBC officially declared that August is National Breastfeeding Month. Read the Proclamation.
In recognition of National Breastfeeding Month (NBM), each August the USBC hosts a social media advocacy and/or outreach campaign inviting member organizations, breastfeeding coalitions, partner organizations, and individuals to participate in online actions and conversations about the policy and practice changes needed to build a "landscape of breastfeeding support." Click the links below to explore 2021 and previous campaigns, or shop NBM-related items in the USBC Store.
NBM 2021 Theme: Every Step of the Way
Every Step of the Way National Breastfeeding Month 2021 Weekly Observances*
- Week 1: World Breastfeeding Week
- Theme: Protect Breastfeeding: A Shared Responsibility
- Week 2: Native Breastfeeding Week
- Theme: Nourishing Our Futures
- Week 3: Asian American Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander Week
- Theme: Reclaiming Our Traditions
- Week 4: Black Breastfeeding Week
*Additional information and links will be included as they are released.