A "Privacy Statement and Agreement" shall be posted on the USBC website. Member organizations and representatives; visitors to USBC websites and USBC-hosted online tools; donors to the Friends of the USBC; participants in USBC affiliated Constellations and USBC-sponsored events, activities, and action alerts; and users of USBC products and services shall be referred to the Privacy Statement and Agreement whenever their private information is requested.
Privacy Statement and Agreement
The United States Breastfeeding Committee ("USBC, we, us, our") respects the privacy of its member organizations and representatives; visitors to USBC websites and USBC-hosted online tools; donors to the Friends of the USBC; participants in USBC affiliated Constellations and USBC-sponsored events, activities, and action alerts; and users of USBC products and services ("you, your"). To protect these individuals and organizations, USBC has implemented the following policy.
Engagement with the USBC via any of the above-listed methods, whether virtually (online or by phone) or via in-person presence or attendance, reflects an agreement and acknowledgement by you, of the following provisions.
A. Information We Collect
It is the general policy of USBC to collect and store only information that you knowingly provide. The primary purpose of the data we collect is to assist our ability to serve you and provide accurate information about USBC and other breastfeeding-related resources.
The two types of information we collect are non-personal aggregate information and personal information.
- Non-Personal Aggregate Information. Non-personal aggregate information, such as which pages website users visit, may be collected from both online and non-online USBC activities.
- Personal Information.
- The only personal information we collect is information that is willingly provided to USBC by that individual.
- For members and member representatives, this information may be obtained as part of the membership application or renewal process. Contact information may be distributed on a member roster available only to other USBC members and member representatives.
- For participants on specific Constellations, this information may be obtained as part of the process of joining the Constellation. Contact information may be distributed on a roster available only to other participants in the specific Constellation.
- For website visitors creating a user account on usbreastfeeding.org, certain required and optional information may be obtained on the Individual Profile. Site users have control over which profile details are visible to other site users via the Show/Hide settings on their MyPage (public profile in the site). The default MyPage visibility setting is to Hide all address and phone information. All information provided in the Individual Demographics section of the Individual Profile will be used solely by USBC staff for internal tracking and analysis, and will not be shared or displayed except in aggregate format.
- For site users creating a Group Profile on usbreastfeeding.org for their organization, certain required and optional information may be obtained on the Group Profile and displayed on public-facing webpages, e.g., the SGCTA Action Directory. All information provided in the Group Demographics section of the Group Profile will be used solely by USBC staff for internal tracking and analysis, and will not be shared or displayed except in aggregate format.
- For non-members, this information may be voluntarily provided during activities such as donating, purchasing, registering for conferences or other events, or participating in action alerts.
- For letters to the editor and/or letters to Congress you've signed or submitted, we treat your name, city, state, and comments as public information. We will not make your street address publicly available, but we may transmit it to members of Congress, the President, or other targets specifically noted on the campaign page.
- For conferences and events, contact information may be distributed on an attendee roster available only to other attendees. Attendees will be given the option to opt out of inclusion in such a roster.
- We use personal information only for the purposes for which it was provided. This may include providing you at a future date with additional information and notices of activities and events consistent with the USBC mission.
- If you no longer wish to receive communications from USBC, you may opt out at any time on the Unsubscribe Form, or by sending an email to email@example.com stating that you wish to be unsubscribed.
- We do not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose personal information, unless required by law or for the limited purpose of processing a transaction.
- Billing information, such as credit card information, is shared only with USBC's accounting and financial processing agents to conduct the specific transaction for which it was provided.
We may collect "clickstream data" or place "cookies" on your computer to provide internal tracking of use of the USBC website, as well as to facilitate website user activities and enhanced site performance. Navigation throughout the website may be negatively affected by prohibiting cookies; however, users of the website retain the option to block cookies.
B. Protection of Your Information
USBC implements generally accepted industry standards to protect you and your information from loss, misuse, or alteration. If you have a concern that your information is incorrect, you may seek clarification or send a correction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. Policy Alterations and Applicability
This policy applies only to USBC-owned and USBC-operated activities. The policy does not apply to organizations and websites of other companies, individuals, or organizations with which we may have a relationship or to which we have provided web-linkage or referral by another means. Certain portions of this policy are applicable to members, while other portions apply to non-members. Federal and state law pertaining to privacy supersedes the provisions of this privacy statement.
We retain the right to update and modify this policy for new and unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in this policy statement. These statements will be posted on the website to notify users of the modification and will be considered active after 30 days of the posted change. If you are concerned about how your information is used, please check back periodically.
If you have comments or questions about this policy, please contact us.
Last revision: 8/2016