Parents' Month: Celebrating, Centering, Connecting
It's time to go all in for parents! We want to hear your story...
In celebration of parents across the country, the USBC is hosting a social media advocacy campaign this spring which will combine both Mother's Day and Father's Day celebrations into what we've dubbed "Parents' Month." The Parents' Month: Celebrating, Centering, Connecting campaign will focus on moms, dads, and the communities that support them, with Twitter parties, blog posts, and advocacy tools to inspire action from the grassroots to the treetops.
Every one of us holds our own values, needs, and ideas. We each define these in our own way, but we all deserve to be heard and supported. And although each story is unique, themes and trends abound. One thing is certain, parenting doesn't have to be so hard!
The Parents' Month: Celebrating, Centering, Connecting campaign will provide opportunities for individuals to share their stories and express their ideas for creating supportive communities. By sharing our stories and strengths, our vulnerabilities and passions, and our successes and challenges, we can identify what works well and what must still change. Then we can raise our voices together and dig in for the hard work of shaping our policies and systems to work better for more families.
Societies are built by individuals. They can and should be viewed through an equity lens that reflects the realities of everyone. That's why together we must commit to building each other up and raising our voices to policymakers to truly move the needle for our Nation's families and communities.
Take Action With Us
There are many quick, easy, and meaningful ways YOU can help create lasting change for families:
- Share Stories: Read and share blog posts below from a variety of individuals detailing their journeys, and share your own at hashtag #Parents3Cs. Your reflection can be shared as a written blog post, video or audio recording, art piece, or a combination of these.
- Take Action: We're currently building support for Representative Tammy Duckworth's Military Parental Leave Modernization Act. This act would eliminate policies that provide unequal leave to adoptive and foster parents and remove antiquated policies that fail to recognize modern family composition by allowing all Servicemembers—regardless of gender—to receive at least 12 weeks of paid leave to care for a new child.
- Join the Conversation: At 8 p.m. ET on the dates below, we'll be co-hosting Twitter parties with partners at hashtag #Parents3Cs. Join us to share resources, perspectives, and the actions you'd most like the breastfeeding field to address.
- Thursday, May 12: Beyond Motherhood: What Keeps You Whole?
- Thursday, May 26: Building Communities of Support
- Thursday, June 16: Fatherhood in a Modern World
- Donate: Contributions from the Friends of the USBC are the only unrestricted funds available to support our advocacy initiatives. Every dollar counts. That's why the USBC Board of Directors has come together to pledge $3,000 to match all individual donations to the USBC during our Parents' Month campaign! Please consider making a donation to amplify our impact today.
- Shop: Without you, we can't continue critical advocacy efforts to ensure breastfeeding is on the radar in this Congressional session, and in the new Presidential Administration to come. Families are counting on us to eliminate the barriers to breastfeeding success. There are many ways to support the USBC while you shop for the parents in your life!
- AmazonSmile: When you shop AmazonSmile, a donation will be made to the USBC at no cost to you!
- CafePress: Order USBC posters, t-shirts, magnets, and more!
- GoodShop: There are four easy ways you can turn your purchases into valuable support for the USBC—at no cost to you!
- Download the USBC GoodApp, and every time you shop online at 1,000 participating stores, including Amazon, eBay, Target, Apple, Staples, etc., a percentage of your purchase will be donated to the USBC!
- Set GoodSearch.com as your homepage: you'll earn a penny for the USBC every time you use the Yahoo-powered search engine.
- Use GoodShop.com when you shop online to receive instant access to over 100,000 coupons from more than 2,500 major brands.
- Enroll in the GoodDining.com program and up to 6% of every dollar you spend at any of 10,000 participating restaurants will be donated
Share on Twitter
|Post a link to campaign on Twitter|
Share on Facebook
|Post a link to campaign on Facebook|
Newsletter Blurb: In celebration of parents across the country, the USBC is hosting a social media advocacy campaign this spring which will combine both Mother's Day and Father's Day celebrations. The Parents' Month: Celebrating, Centering, Connecting campaign will focus on moms, dads, and the communities that support them, with Twitter parties, blog posts, and advocacy tools to inspire action from the grassroots to the treetops. Learn how you can get involved and take action at www.usbreastfeeding.org/parents-month