LGBTQIA+ Resources and Pride Month
June is LGBTQIA+ Pride Month. The month of June was chosen for Pride Month to commemorate the Stonewall riots, which occurred at the end of June 1969. As a result, many pride events are held during this month to recognize the impact LGBTQIA+ people have had in the world. Memorials are held during this month for those members of the community who have been lost to hate crimes or HIV/AIDS. The purpose of the commemorative month is to recognize the impact that LGBTQIA+ individuals have had on history locally, nationally, and internationally.
Resources, Tools, and Materials
- La Leche League International
- Kelly Mom
- Milk Junkies - Breastfeeding and parenting from a transgender perspective (Trevor MacDonald)
- Best for Babes
- La Leche League UK
- Personal Gender Pronouns
- Adapted from:
- University of Milwaukee LGBT Resource Center: "Gender Pronouns" webpage
- Central Connecticut State University LGBT Center resource "Preferred Gender Pronouns: For Faculty (Or, How to Take Important Steps in Becoming a Trans Ally!)"
2019 NBCC Highlights
- Inclusive Breastfeeding Support of Partners, Spouses and Families Whole Group Presentation
- Supporting All Families During Lactation
- Presented by: Stephanie Carroll, Appalachian Breastfeeding Network