Table of Contents
denotes a USBC member organization listing
- Create a federal interagency work group on breastfeeding
- Increase the capacity of the United States Breastfeeding Committee and affiliated state coalitions to support breastfeeding
- Key Website Features: News Room, Advocacy HQ, and Coalitions Directory
- Learning Community: Coalitions Learning Connection
- Webinar & Conference Archives: Public Health
- Webinar & Conference Archives: Coalition Building
- Webinar & Conference Archives: Emergencies
- Webinar & Conference Archives: Racial Equity
- Webinar & Conference Archives: Media Advocacy
- Webinar & Conference Archives: Legislative & Policy Advocacy
- Publication: Achieving Exclusive Breastfeeding in the United States: Findings and Recommendations
- Position Statement: Obesity Prevention
- Position Statement: Infant/Young Child Feeding in Emergencies
Action Activities: Since 1999, AWHONN has had a formal position statement in support of breastfeeding. The latest iteration of the “Breastfeeding” position statement was published in the Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing (JOGNN) in 2015 and is available on the AWHONN website at no cost.
Supporting Link: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/enhanced/doi/10.1111/1552-6909.12530/
Action Activities: CDC co-leads the Federal Interagency Breastfeeding Work Group, with a goal of coordinating breastfeeding promotion, protection, and support efforts from the federal level. CDC is the recipient of ACA-PPHF funds from Congress, with specific mandates to implement interventions that will help increase breastfeeding initiation, duration and exclusivity - primarily through hospitals.
Action Activities: ICEA provides breastfeeding information on the web site for resources for both parents and profession as well as a regularly updated facebook page and blog with current, evidence-based information
Supporting Link: http://icea.org
Action Activities: LLL is one of only a few national organizations whose sole purpose is the promotion and support of breastfeeding.
Supporting Link: http://www.lllusa.org/about-us/
Action Activities: NPA connects the state perinatal association to national platform.
Action Activities: Work with USBC and CDC and promote their efforts to promote and support breastfeeding.
Supporting Link: http://flbreastfeeding.org/advocacy.htm
Action Activities: Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition representatives attend biannual USBC Breastfeeding Coalitions Conference and guides implementation of initiatives presented at the conference in Minnesota.
Action Activities: NH Breastfeeding Task Force is an active member of the USBC and is working to strengthen its capacity and impact for promoting and support breastfeeding at the State and National level.