Action 15. Expand the use of programs in the workplace that allow lactating mothers to have direct access to their babies
Table of Contents
denotes a USBC member organization listing
- Create incentive or recognition programs for businesses that establish, subsidize, and support child care centers at or near the business site
- Identify and promote innovative programs that allow mothers to directly breastfeed their babies after they return to work
- Key Website Features: News Room, Advocacy HQ, and Coalitions Directory
- Learning Community: Babies at Work Learning Community
- Webinar & Conference Archives: Babies at Work
- Publication: Workplace Accommodations to Support and Protect Breastfeeding
- Position Statement: Lactation Accommodations in the Workplace
Action Activities: Every Mother, Inc. promotes the importance of "Babies at Work" programs in all Business Case for Breastfeeding training events, webinars, and other educational events.
Supporting Link: https://www.everymother.org/training
Action Activities: ICEA provides breastfeeding information on the web site for resources for both parents and profession as well as a regularly updated facebook page and blog with current, evidence-based information
Supporting Link: http://icea.org
Action Activities: CBC is working on recognizing breastfeeding friendly child care centers, but we are not working specifically on babies at work.
Action Activities: This is supported through the "Business Case for Breastfeeding" program. See above.
Supporting Link: http://kansasbusinesscase.com/
Action Activities: Where it is safe and practical, children at work should be welcomed as a viable option for breastfeeding employees. Businesses who accommodate direct access report that employees are more satisfied with their working conditions and job status while breastfeeding employees also report that their milk production is higher, which enables them to continue breastfeeding for a longer period of time and creates happier and healthier employees and their children.
Supporting Link: https://www.mibreastfeeding.org/workplace/
Action Activities: • our coaltion is interested in seeing about how we can have babes in arms policy in our Nation.