Table of Contents
denotes a USBC member organization listing
- Add maternity leave to the categories of paid leave for federal civil servants
- Develop and implement programs in states to establish a funding mechanism for paid maternity leave
- Key Website Features: News Room, Advocacy HQ, and Coalitions Directory
- Learning Community: Paid Leave Learning Community
- Webinar & Conference Archives: Paid Leave
- Publication: Workplace Accommodations to Support and Protect Breastfeeding
- Position Statement: Lactation Accommodations in the Workplace
Action Activities: 1,000 Days is currently collecting signatures on a petition to the presidential candidates around making paid parental leave a priority in their campaigns.
Action Activities: AWHONN supports the FAMILY Act. It would provide workers with up to 12 weeks of partial income when they take time for their own serious health condition, including pregnancy and childbirth recovery; the serious health condition of a child, parent, spouse or domestic partner; the birth or adoption of a child; and/or for particular military caregiving and leave purposes.
Action Activities: ICEA provides breastfeeding information on the web site for resources for both parents and profession as well as a regularly updated facebook page and blog with current, evidence-based information
Supporting Link: http://icea.org
Action Activities: We are partnering with MomsRising.org to raise awareness of issues facing military families, particularly surrounding the complexities of paid family leave for active duty servicemembers. We also partner with the National Military Family Association and Breastfeeding in Combat Boots to raise awareness and focus grassroots concerns from the "boots on the ground" perspective of families to the policymakers within the DOD and government.
Supporting Link: http://www.mom2momglobal.org
Action Activities: MomsRising supports the expansion of state and federal paid leave policies to ensure that all new parents have the opportunity to establish and continue breastfeeding before they return to work.
Supporting Link: http://action.momsrising.org/sign/paid_family_leave_2017/