Registration Information & Frequently Asked Questions
National Breastfeeding Conference & Convening (NBCC) & USBC Membership Meeting
The main conference program will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Friday June 12, and end at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday June 13. Registration for the conference includes all plenary and breakout sessions, conference materials, entry to exhibits and Thursday's Welcome Exhibits Dessert Reception, breakfast and lunch on Friday and Saturday, and all refreshment breaks.
On Thursday, June 11, the USBC will host its annual in-person Membership Meeting for all USBC Members.
Conference Categories & Fees (Note: registration opens in March)
There are just three categories of registration in 2020, with fees as follows:
- Member Organization Rate: $375
- Organizations listed in the USBC Member Directory are eligible for this rate.
- Open Attendee Rate (for those who are not members of USBC): $475
- State/Territorial Coalition Sponsored Attendee: $275
- Each of the breastfeeding coalitions from the 50 states, DC, and U.S. territories (e.g., Puerto Rico), is invited to select two individuals who will receive travel support and a reduced registration rate as a "Coalition Sponsored Attendee." Only the two individuals designated by the state/territorial breastfeeding coalitions shown in the USBC Coalitions Directory are eligible to register in this category.
- Sponsored Attendees will receive this discounted registration rate as well as travel support (flight, train or mileage reimbursement). Attendees are required to stay in the conference hotel, booking and paying the hotel directly for their room.
- Note for State/Territorial Coalition Sponsored Attendees: In the event of cancellation, the attendee will be responsible for reimbursing the full cost of any travel reservations paid for by the USBC (and the attendee will bank, in their own name, the value of that ticket with the airline for their own future travel. Unfortunately, tickets cannot be transferred to another person, per airline policy).
Q: When is the 2020 NBCC: Tenth National Breastfeeding Conference & Convening?
A: The main conference program will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, June 12 and end at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 13, 2020.
Q: Where will it be held?
A: At the conference hotel, in Scottsdale, Arizona. Please refer to the Hotel page for reservation details and transportation information.
Q: Who may attend?
A: The conference is open to the public, with advance registration and payment.
Q: Will there be opportunities to exhibit, advertise, or sponsor?
A: Yes. Refer to the Marketing Pages for information and the online application.
Q: Is there a space for expression and storage of breast milk?
A: Yes, milk expression accommodations will be available, including refrigeration.
Q: Are meals included with my conference registration fee?
A: Yes, breakfast and lunch on Friday and Saturday, and all refreshment breaks, are included with your registration fee. Dinners are NOT included, however, many moderately priced dining options are within walking distance and the hotel has a restaurant onsite.
Q: If I'm going to be registering as a "Coalition Sponsored Attendee," why do I have to pay a registration fee?
A: "Coalition Sponsored Attendees" receive travel support to attend the conference, in addition to a reduced registration rate. It is not a complimentary registration. Restrictions on the conference funding prohibits paying for food and beverage expenses, so Coalition Sponsored Attendees pay a registration fee that covers the cost of their food. Sponsored attendees are responsible for making their hotel reservations and for covering their hotel costs, and must stay at the Conference Hotel.
Q: Does the conference provide continuing education credit?
A: The USBC will be applying for Continuing Education, which will be available to registered attendees for a fee of $75 per person (added during the registration process, if selected).
Q: If I am presenting a breakout panel session, table topic, and/or poster, is my registration complimentary?
A: No. Presenters are asked to register for the conference in their appropriate registration category.
Q: May I register for JUST the USBC Membership Meeting and not the Conference? (Note, registration is not yet open for the June Membership Meeting)
A: Yes. If you are a member rep, and you'd like to register for either the Membership Meeting only, and not the conference itself, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for registration instructions.
Additional FAQ's will be added when registration opens...
Question not addressed in the FAQ's? E-mail Conference Planner