Marketing Rules & Regulations
Conference marketing questions? E-mail Conference Planner
General Rules & Regulations
The following contract conditions, rules, and regulations are part of the United States Breastfeeding Committee Conference Marketing Application and Contract. Please read carefully before signing the application. After completing the Application and Contract, please share these rules and regulations with the person(s) responsible for the construction and staffing of your exhibit, or creation of your advertisement or sponsorship materials.
Application/Contract and Payment of Fees: Rates are as listed in the Application and Contract. Applications will neither be processed nor space or opportunities assigned or confirmed without the required payments and signatures. All applications must be accompanied by payment of the total charges. Receipt of payment does not oblige the USBC to accept a contract as binding; the USBC retains the option of returning funds.
Assignment of Space/Opportunities: All space will be assigned and opportunities awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Every effort will be made to accommodate requests. The USBC reserves the right to make such changes to the exhibit hall floor plan as may be deemed necessary.
Cancellation: Cancellations must be addressed in writing to USBC, 4044 N Lincoln Ave, #288, Chicago, IL 60618 and received at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds, less an administrative fee of $100 or 10% of fees (whichever is greater), will be made at the USBC’s discretion, but no refund will be given for any cancellation made after July 15, 2016. In case of fire, the elements, or any other causes beyond the USBC’s control that prevent the holding of the conference, this contract will not be binding.
Selection of Exhibitors/Sponsors: Only companies and organizations whose services and products are appropriately related to the purpose of the USBC shall be permitted as sponsors, advertisers, or exhibitors. The USBC does not accept sponsorships, advertisements, exhibits, or donations from entities in violation of The International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes (the “Code”) and subsequent World Health Assembly resolutions. All publications and materials distributed must be in compliance with the Code. To this end, the USBC reserves the right to refuse sponsorships, advertisements, or exhibits from certain entities, or to decline or prohibit any exhibit or promotional item which in its judgment is inappropriate, this reservation being all-inclusive as to persons, things, printed matter, products, and conduct.
Advance Approval Required for All Materials: Sponsors, advertisers, and exhibitors must submit to the USBC a sample of each advertisement, packet promotion item, and printed and/or recorded item to be displayed or distributed. All items must be submitted for approval by Friday, July 15, 2016.
Acceptance of exhibit/sponsorship does not constitute endorsement of the products, services, or mission of the exhibitor/sponsor by the USBC, its member organizations, or any breastfeeding coalitions. Exhibitors and sponsors may not use the USBC’s name or logo without express written permission.
Exhibit Space Rules & Regulations
The following contract conditions, rules, and regulations are part of the United States Breastfeeding Committee Conference Marketing Application and Contract, specifically pertaining to Exhibit Space. Please read carefully before signing the application. After completing the Application and Contract, please share these rules and regulations with the person(s) responsible for the construction and staffing of your exhibit.
- Exhibit(s): All exhibits will be 8’ x 10’, and the USBC will provide the following to each exhibitor: one 6’ skirted table, two chairs, access to wireless internet. Electricity is available for an additional charge of $50.
- Security: Exhibitors are solely responsible for their own exhibit material and should insure exhibit and materials against loss or damage.
- Exhibitor Onsite Registration: Exhibitors must register at the registration desk on Friday, August 5, between 3:00 – 7:00 p.m. Exhibitors will be given badges that must be worn at all times. No one will be admitted to the exhibit hall without a badge.
- Use of Space: Exhibitors shall not assign, share, or sublet any space without written consent of the USBC. Care must be taken that no display extend beyond the dimensions of the exhibit space, or interfere with the view of other exhibitors. Annoying volume produced from the operation of any equipment or apparatus is not permitted.
- Liability: The USBC and the Crystal Gateway Marriott will not be responsible for the safety of the property of the exhibitors from theft, fire, damages, accident, or other causes. Exhibitors agree to protect, save, and hold the USBC and the Crystal Gateway Marriott and all agents and employees thereof (hereinafter collectively called “indemnities”) forever harmless for any damages or charges imposed for violations of any law or ordinance, whether occasioned by the negligence of the exhibitors or those holding under the exhibitors, and further, exhibitors shall at all times protect, indemnify, save, and hold harmless the indemnities against and from any and all losses, costs (including attorney’s fees), damages, liability, or expense arising from or out of or by any reason of any accident of bodily injury or other occurrence to any person or persons, including the exhibitors, their agents, employees and business invitees which arises from or out of or by reason of said exhibitors’ occupancy and use of the exhibition premises or a part thereof.
- Safety Regulation: Exhibitors must adhere to all municipal, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations. No combustible decorations may be used at any time: all drapes, table coverings, and other materials must comply with fire department regulations.
- Failure to Occupy Space: Exhibitors, as specified in these rules and regulations, will forfeit space not occupied by the close of the exhibit setup period. This space may be resold, reassigned, or used by the exhibit management. There will be no refund for space not occupied.
- Show Cancellation: If the conference or exhibit is cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of the USBC, the USBC will not be held liable for any expenses incurred by exhibitors beyond the rental cost of the exhibit space that may be recoverable from third-party vendors at the time of such cancellation.
- Music Licensing: Exhibitors are responsible for individual ASCAP/BMI licensing fees, if applicable to their exhibit presentation.
- Sales/Giveaways: Sales and giveaway items from exhibits are permitted, except for those same items that the USBC sells through official conference vehicles. Exhibitors are responsible for collecting taxes, obtaining any necessary licenses, and filing appropriate forms. The USBC must approve all items no later than Friday, July 15, 2016. Unapproved items may not be distributed. Any exhibitor found distributing items not officially approved by the USBC will be required to stop distribution immediately.
- Americans with Disabilities Act: Exhibitors shall be responsible for making exhibits accessible to persons with disabilities as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act and shall hold the USBC harmless from any consequences of their failure in this regard.
- Please note: All exhibit setup must be complete by Friday, August 5 at 7:00 p.m. Dismantling may be done during specified tear down hours, and must be complete by Sunday, August 7 at 5:00 p.m. Any exhibitor that dismantles its exhibit outside of tear down hours without prior approval may be prohibited from exhibiting at future conferences.