Guidelines for Selection of Attendees
Conference questions? E-mail email@example.com
This category is now closed for registration. Coalition members may register in the "Coalition" (non-sponsored) registration category.
In deciding which individuals from your coalition will attend, we ask that you carefully consider your selection process, as it is our hope to welcome attendees who span the spectrum of maternal and child health stakeholders, including peer counselors, community volunteers, parents, lactation professionals, and health care providers. We realize that coalitions may choose to send certain individuals in the sponsored vs. non-sponsored categories in order to take greatest advantage of all available funding sources. So please consider these guidelines in light of your state's entire delegation of attendees:
- It is strongly preferred that each coalition send a mix of veteran/experienced leaders (who may have attended prior conferences) and new or emerging leaders (who have not attended before).
- It is mandatory that at least one of the two Coalition Sponsored Attendees represent a traditionally marginalized community and an under-represented racial/ethnic group.
Sponsored Attendees are required to participate in all conference sessions, and have a responsibility to 1) participate actively in the programs, and 2) share the resources and knowledge gained from this participation with their coalition and others throughout their state/territory.
Sponsored Attendee Policy & Procedure
Sponsored Attendees receive travel support from the USBC, in addition to a discounted registration rate of $200 per person. Only the (2) two individuals approved by the state/territorial breastfeeding coalitions shown in the USBC Coalitions Directory are eligible to register in this category. The Sponsored Attendee registration code will be distributed to the coalition's Primary Contact (usually the coalition board chair or president), to distribute to their coalition's two approved Sponsored Attendees.
All Sponsored Attendees must stay in the conference hotel and follow this policy and procedure.The deadline for Coalition Sponsored Attendees to register is Friday, June 29.
- Within 3 business days of completing online registration, Sponsored Attendees will be sent instructions to contact the designated USBC travel agent to book their flight (or an Amtrak train, based on travel method selected). All Sponsored Attendee travel reservations must be made through the USBC's travel agent, and the travel agent will automatically charge the flight cost and booking fee to the USBC. Reservations booked by anyone other than the USBC's travel agent will not be subsidized or reimbursed.The deadline to book travel reservations is Wednesday, July 11.
- For those traveling within Georgia or from neighboring states by car or local mass transit, a reimbursement form will be provided after the conference to submit parking/mileage or mass transit expenses. Mileage will be reimbursed at the 2018 IRS rate of 54.5 cents per mile. There is no need to save gasoline receipts, but parking receipts must be submitted with the reimbursement form. Please note that we have some "free parking" passes from the hotel, so make a point to ask for them when you check in to pick up your conference badge.
- For those electing to "distance drive" for any reason, please obtain pre-approval. In these cases, mileage reimbursement will be capped at "what a flight would have cost" from your home airport with a flight booked by the deadline.
- Attendees should book their own hotel reservations at the conference hotel as soon as possible after registering. We ask that you stay in the conference hotel. Attendees will pay the hotel directly for the full cost of their stay, USBC does not cover this cost. The deadline to make hotel reservations at the conference rate is Thursday, July 12, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Note: a deposit equal to one night’s room and tax will be charged at the time a guest makes a reservation, and upon check-in, will be applied towards the guest’s bill. Deposits paid by guests are refundable if notice is received by Hotel at least 3 days prior to arrival—please make sure you get a cancellation number!
- To find a roommate, post a note on the event's Facebook page.
What Is Included in Sponsored Attendee Support:
- Sponsored Attendees receive a discounted registration rate of $200 per person.
- Sponsored Attendees receive travel support (free flight, Amtrak, or mileage reimbursement).
What’s Not Included in Sponsored Attendee Support:
- Main conference registration fee of $200 per person
- Hotel (sponsored attendees must stay at the conference hotel).
- Optional event registration fees (Friday's Membership Meeting or Sunday's Advocacy Training Workshop)
- Airline baggage fees
- Any changes in ticketing (airline or Amtrak)
- Ground transportation to/from home and destination airports (the conference hotel is accessible via the MARTA Metro System)
- Meals in transit to/from the conference
- Meals not provided by the main conference, i.e., dinners