Breastfeeding Advocacy HQ
**Subscribe to receive USBC action alerts**
Federal Legislation - USBC Webpages
Federal Legislation - External Links
- Fairness for Breastfeeding Mothers Act: House and Senate
- Save Women's Preventive Care Act: Senate
Federal Legislation - Partner Materials
Pregnant Workers Fairness Act: House and Senate
Healthy Families Act: House and Senate
USBC General Action Alerts
- Welcome 115th Congress - Breastfeeding Priorities: Sign our note to welcome the new Congress (either as an individual or as an organization) and ask them to protect and build on federal policies and investments that support our Nation's breastfeeding families! The "asks" in the welcome note have been compiled from YOUR feedback on priority action areas during our National Breastfeeding Month 2016 campaign and from the priority strategies of our national Constellations of member and partner organizations. See the current list of organizational sign ons here.
- Welcome 115th Congress - In-District Visits: Drop off materials to your Members of Congress in their local offices. Welcome packet materials are available online to download and print. For an even bigger impact, make an appointment with a staff member to talk about why it's so important that they do their part to support breastfeeding families, and especially to protect the three breastfeeding-related components of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Talking points are included in the downloadable resources.
- Stories about Breastfeeding Supports in the ACA: Share stories demonstrating why the breastfeeding-related components of the Affordable Care Act are so critical to sustain. Priority story topics include:
- Stories about your experience with the requirement for health plans to cover breastfeeding support, supplies, and counseling as a preventive service. Submit your story here!
- Stories about your experience with the requirement for employers to provide break time and a place for employees (nonexempt workers) to express breast milk at work. Submit your story here!
- Stories about your experience with maternity care quality improvement initiatives. Submit your story here!
Partner General Resources
Toolbox for Breastfeeding Advocates
Not Sure About Lobbying Rules?
General Handouts for Legislator Visits