Many employers do not realize that breastfeeding can save money. Employer benefits for supporting breastfeeding employees include:
- Breastfeeding employees miss work less often because breastfed infants are healthier.
- Breastfeeding lowers health care costs.
- Breastfeeding support helps employers keep their best employees so that less money is spent hiring and training new employees.
- Breastfeeding employees who are supported in the workplace report higher productivity and loyalty.
- Supporting breastfeeding employees creates a positive public image.
Learn more about how employers benefit from workplace breastfeeding support programs.
**Continue to Next Section: How should you prepare to go back to work?**
**Return to "Break Time for Nursing Mothers" Law Home**