A "Privacy Statement and Agreement" shall be posted on the USBC website. Member organizations and representatives; visitors to USBC websites; participants in USBC sponsored events and activities; and users of USBC services shall be referred to the Privacy Statement and Agreement whenever their private information is requested.
Privacy Statement and Agreement
The United States Breastfeeding Committee ("USBC, we, us, our") respects the privacy of its member organizations and representatives; visitors to the USBC website; participants in USBC sponsored events and activities; and users of USBC services ("you, your"). To protect these individuals and organizations, USBC has implemented the following policy.
Participation in USBC activities and/or use of USBC services, whether through the internet/website/online presence; meetings, conferences, and teleconferences or webinars; or other USBC sponsored activities or services, reflects an agreement and acknowledgement by you, of this policy’s provisions.
A. Information We Collect
It is the general policy of USBC to collect and store only information that our members, visitors, participants, and users knowingly provide. The primary purpose of the data we collect is to assist our ability to serve you and provide accurate information about USBC; our programs, services, and activities; and other breastfeeding resources.
The two types of information we collect are non-personal aggregate information and personal information.
- Non-Personal Aggregate Information. Non-personal aggregate information, such as which pages our website users visit, may be collected from both online and non-online USBC activities.
- Personal Information.
- The only personal information we collect is information that is willingly provided to USBC by that individual.
- For members and member representatives, this information may be obtained as part of the membership application or renewal process. Contact information may be distributed on a member roster available only to other USBC members and member representatives.
- For non-members, this information may be voluntarily provided during activities such as donating, purchasing, registering for conferences or other activities, or participating in advocacy actions.
- For conferences and events, contact information may be distributed on an attendee roster available only to other attendees. Attendees will be given the option to opt out of inclusion in such a roster.
- We use personal information only for the purposes for which it was provided. This may include providing you at a future date with additional information and notices of activities and events consistent with the USBC mission.
- If you no longer wish to receive communications from USBC, you may opt out at any time on the Unsubscribe Form, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you wish to be unsubscribed.
- We do not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose personal information, unless required by law or for the limited purpose of processing a transaction.
- Billing information, such as credit card information, is shared only with USBC’s accounting agents to process the specific transaction for which it was provided.
We may collect "clickstream data" or may place "cookies" on your computer to provide internal accounting of use of the website, as well as to facilitate visitor activities and enhanced performance. Navigation throughout the website may be negatively affected by prohibiting cookies; however, users of the website retain the option to block cookies.
B. Protection of Your Information
USBC implements generally accepted industry standards to protect you and your information from loss, misuse, or alteration. If you have a concern that your information is incorrect, you may seek clarification or send a correction to email@example.com.
C. Policy Alterations and Applicability
This policy applies only to USBC-owned and USBC-operated activities. The policy does not apply to organizations and websites of other companies, individuals, or organizations with which we may have a relationship or to which we have provided web-linkage or referral by another means. Certain portions of this policy are applicable to members, while other portions apply to non-members. Federal and state law pertaining to privacy supersedes the provisions of this privacy statement.
We retain the right to update and modify this policy for new and unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in this policy statement. These statements will be posted on the website to notify users of the modification and will be considered active after 30 days of the posted change. If you are concerned about how your information is used, please check back periodically.
If you have comments or questions concerning your privacy as a member, visitor, participant in USBC activities and/or user of USBC services, please contact us.